Pearl Class Staff
Teacher: Mrs. Rovea-Franco
Follow us on twitter for regular updates:
Welcome to Pearl's class page. I am Mrs. Rovea-Franco and I am excited about teaching your child this year! In Pearl class we work hard every day and embrace multi-sensory learning opportunities. My aim is to make learning fun and encourage every child to reach their full potential.
Information for Parents
Things to remember each week:
Dens and Dandelions
Magic and Myths
Welsh Culture fortnight
Spring and Easter
At the Circus
A note about:
GGR (Guided Group Reading)
In school the class teacher will read with your child in a group at least once a week. GGR sessions skills include: analysing a text in detail, making sure each child can read each word and discussing meaning of the text with them. We also look at book features (the title, author, illustrator, the blurb, pictures, content pages etc).
Phonics, Grammar and Handwriting
We have these sessions at least four times a week to help with letter formation, grammar, spelling and to support their oracy, reading and writing skills.
Skills we will be covering in year 2 are:
How you can support your child
1. Listen to your child reading as often as possible. Little and often is the recommended. Use the question cards to help.
2. Read together with your child's chosen library book and talk about what has been read.
3. Practise the 'Phonics' spellings that are sent home/ requested.
4. Number bonds to 20/50.
4. Encourage your child to talk about what he/she has been doing in school.
5. Help your child with what they are learning in Maths (online games can help- look at links below.)
6. Handwriting activities- if you require resources or ideas, please let me know.