Welcome to Sapphire Class
2023 – 2024
I am excited to be teaching your child this year! Here is some key information for you at the start of this new term 😊
All school communication, for all classes, will be via ‘Schoop’. Please download the app. If you already have it, please remember to update it. Our School ID is: 5539
Please send your child to school each day in the correct school uniform. Although we do have uniform with logos on, we do not expect any pupil to wear these. If for any reason your child is unable to wear their uniform, please let us know.
- blue polo shirt or blue gingham dress
- black or grey trousers, shorts or skirt (skirts must be a modest length)
- navy jumper or cardigan
- black shoes (if your child cannot do their own laces, please buy them velcro shoes)
- long hair must be tied back for PE and Forest School.
- we strongly advise that no items of jewellery are worn by any child. This is for reasons of health and safety (risk of injury during play and PE lessons) and risk of loss of valuable items.
- children may wear a watch (no smart watches) and small stud earrings
- no pupils are to wear any make up.
NB - PLEASE ENSURE ALL ITEMS OF CLOTHING HAVE YOUR CHILD’S NAME WRITTEN CLEARLY IN THEM
P.E kit & Forest School
PE will be on a Monday and Forest School is on a Friday. Please ensure the children come to school wearing appropriate clothing and footwear for these activities.
Recommended clothing for PE:
- plain t-shirt or polo-shirt
- dark coloured plain joggers for winter and shorts for summer (shorts must be a modest length)
- trainers or daps
- plain dark coloured jumper for the cold weather.
Recommended clothing for Forest School:
- dark coloured, older clothing that you do not mind getting muddy
- wellies or old trainers
- a waterproof coat with a hood
- warm clothing in the cold weather
Drinks and snacks
Each day your child will need:
- A water bottle – A reusable bottle is best (with their name on it). Your child will need to take this home each day to wash it and refill it ready for the next day. Only water or squash is allowed. No juices or fizzy drinks please. Be careful to check the label for any flavoured water, or squash, as some have a high sugar content.
- A healthy snack – only fruit or vegetables to be eaten in school at breaktime
- Lunch - If your child requires a school dinner, please order it via ParentPay.
- All the equipment your child needs for their learning is provided at school. Pencil cases are not required.
- Mobile phones are not permitted in school. If your child needs to bring one, it must be handed in at the start of the school day and will be returned before they go home. This also applies to smart watches.
On a weekly basis please would you:
- read with your child regularly at home.
- practise times tables and number facts with them.
- practise any spellings that they bring home
- the children will sometimes be given tasks that link to our topic etc. to complete at home that link to our learning too. Please help them when needed.
If you have any questions, please ask!